The SLIPSIL sealing plug is the ideal solution for the fire safe and gas and water tight sealing of transits carrying single or multiple plastic or metal pipes. Compared with other sealing plugs, installing the SLIPSIL plug is extremely simple. The plugs can be installed in minutes and do not require any bolting or other mechanical outfitting. The plugs can already be exposed to high pressures immediately after installation.
SLIPSIL plugs cause no mechanical stress and avoid corrosion problems. That offers owners of ships or buildings the possibility to save on maintenance costs.
The service life of the SLIPSIL plugs easily exceeds 20 years under normal environmental conditions. The plugs can be used in a very wide temperature range. Even at low temperatures down to -50° C the rubber stays flexible and does not harden excessively as other rubber types will do. This guarantees tightness even at low temperatures. The rubber can also be used in applications up to +180° C. A single rubber grade is now capable of satisfying almost all sealing conditions.
Typical areas of application:
- construction industry
- offshore sector
- oil and gas industry
- (petro)chemicals industry
- utility companies
Visit our website: www.slipsil.com for a complete presentation.
Please click here to download the SLIPSIL declaration of performance.
- Designed to provide fire safe, gas and watertight seals for pipe penetrations
- For transits carrying single or multiple metal pipes with the same diameter (hydraulic and pneumatic lines)
- Installs in a couple of minutes. Lubricate and push – that’s it!
- No bolting or other mechanical devices required
- Absorbs mechanical stresses, vibration and prevents galvanic corrosion problems
- Wide temperature range: -50 °C up to +180 °C
- Proven – simple installation, high performance
- The system of choice in the building industry worldwide for almost 4 decades!
To download the tab book and installation instructions for the SLIPSIL sealing plugs click here