Why Choose CSD?
You have a lot of choices when it comes to cable and pipe penetration seals. Many factors need to be considered when making the decision on which products to use for your project. Beele/CSD products are the choice of Naval Architects, Engineers, Vessel & Offshore Platform Owners, Shipyards and Installation Companies worldwide. Following are just some of the reasons why they choose Beele/CSD and why you should too:
- We’re experts in passive fire protection and watertight sealing, with over 35 years of experience
- Products that undergo rigorous testing to A/0 – A/60 & H/0 – H120 fire ratings
- Products that are approved for both cabling and piping; makes materials management simple
- Products that contain no mineral wool components, eliminating penetration collar corrosion problems
- Products that contain no metal parts, eliminating corrosion problems
- Products that have been age tested, demonstrating up to 50 year life span
- Proprietary expanding technology – products that seal off gaps due to poor maintenance on board
- Products that work from the day that they are installed to when it really counts – throughout the service life of the vessel
- Products that are price competitive with other systems
- Products that are approved by the US Navy and most other navies worldwide
- A company that offers technical support and specification assistance for difficult applications
- A company that has distributors and technical reps around the world. Service where you need it
These are just a few of the reasons why you should specify Beele/CSD products for your project. Why let others make the product decisions for you? Demand Beele/CSD product and you’ll be guaranteed quality, integrity and safety.
Although a penetration sealing product has a Type Approval, this doesn’t mean that the product is approved for all applications and all configurations. Every product has limitation criteria, based on the way it was fire tested. Sometimes these limitations appear in the Approvals, but often they don’t. Learn what questions to ask the manufacturer so that you can determine the limitations of any penetration system.
Penetration seals are SAFETY DEVICES that must work under worst-case conditions to stop fire or flood. If the transits are overloaded or exceed the limitations that were tested, the system may fail. Don’t risk life, safety and survivability – get the facts!